Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Photo Retouch & Repair!

By now, if you have been following my blogs, then you know that I love taking photos (hence the reason I am a photographer) and retouching photos. Well, first of all, let me say that I did not take the photo of the beautiful model below, however, I did receive permission from her (the model) to use her picture as an example on how to repair a damaged photo and top it off with a nice fresh look (retouch) to bring it all together. Thank you Ms. TM.

OK...here we go...as you can see, the original picture below has a bit of damage to the photo on the left side of the background itself as well as on the body of the model's arms. The first thing I did was fixed the background area, next I tackled repairing the damage to the models arms. After I was done with the major repair corrections, I made some color corrections to add some depth to the over all image.....then, I worked on retouching he image and giving the model a fresh look and digital make-over.....and let me say this, the model is already extremely beautiful...all I did was took it to the next level...that's what retouching a photo can do, it puts the icing on the cake!

Below is the original image as it was shot and displayed (again, I did not take the photo...I am only using this picture as an example) (click on the image to view a larger size)



Below you will see my finished version in its original state as the photo was taken. Added are the corrections I just mentioned, photo repair, color corrections and retouching.
(click on the image to view a larger size)




And finally, below you will see my version of how I like to see the photo cropped and ready for display. (click on the image to view a larger size)




Hope you enjoyed another retouch project. Don't forget, you can leave comments at the end of each blog and contact me for your photographic needs at : chrisjamesphotography@comcast.net

Thanks Ms. TM for the use of your photo!!

Finally, there were several different ways that I could have retouched the photo from basic to extreme...but for this example, I just wanted to keep it simple...C ya!

Chris

No comments: