Sunday, August 18, 2013

WILDCAT Scrimmage Day!

As promised, I'm really going to "attempt" to start blogging more on a regular basis.  That said, yesterday, I took some great action pics of our Waldorf Wildcats Mighty Mites (8-9) first Scrimmage Game.  We have two Mighty Mites divisions ( RED & Black Team). My son Christopher #11, is one of the Quarterbacks for the RED team. Oh my goodness...BOTH the Red & Black team did an AWESOME job! I'm sure I speak for all Wildcat Family members...we are very proud of all of you!

OK..because I am a Photographer, let's talk shop very briefly.

The challenge in shooting Action Sports is to capture SHARP images and FREEZE the action.  Again, I am not going to get too technical in this blog.. but basically what you want to do is Freeze the action by shooting with a high shutter speed. To get the image to be sharp, you may need to use either a tripod or a monopod that helps reduce camera shake. When shooting sports, I typically use a monopod.  

Enough of that...enjoy the pics and as always, leave comments if you feel inspired to do so.

(click on image to enlarge)









No comments: